Installation of Timeline and History Slider requires a few small clicks. To install the plugin, please use the following steps:
- Go to WordPress.org and Download Timeline and History Slider.
- Upload the ‘timeline-and-history-slider’ folder to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory.
- Activate the Countdown Timer Ultimate plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- You can also go to Plugins-> Add New -> Search for “Timeline and History Slider”
Timeline and History Slider should now be installed successfully!
Getting started with Timeline and History Slider
Timeline and History Slider adds a Menu tab in WP Admin side with the name “Timeline Slider” where you can add a Title, Timeline Content, Timeline Image, edit and delete.
Screen shows “Timeline Slider” tab in the left side and all timer content added
This plugin works same like WordPress post section where you can add title, content and featured image. To add a new featured post, just need to follow few steps.
- Go to Timeline Slider Tab and click on Add New
- Add title, Timeline content, Timeline image and update
Bellow screen shows how to add a Timeline
How to display and shortcode
Display a Timeline is very simple. Just add the following shortcode on any page:
You can also use template code to display image slider.
Complete Shortcode parameters
[th-slider design="design-1" category="8" dots="true" arrows="true" autoplay="true" autoplay_interval="5000" speed="1000"]
Following are Slider Parameters:
- Design: [th-slider design="design-1"](select the design. right now there are 2 designs. design-1 and design-2)
- Pagination and Arrows: [th-slider dots="false" arrows="false"]
- Autoplay and Autoplay Interval: [th-slider autoplay="true" autoplay_interval="100"]
- Slide Speed: [th-slider speed="3000"]
- Limit: [th-slider limit="-1"](Limit define the number of images to be display at a time. By default set to “-1″ ie all images. eg. if you want to display only 5 images then set limit to limit=”5”).
- Category: [th-slider category="category_ID"] (Display slider by their category ID).
- Fade: [th-slider fade="true"] (Slider Fade effect. By default effect is slide. If you set fade=”true” then effect change from slide to fade).
Updated On 26 Oct 2016