Via WordPress dashboard
- Go to Appearance->Themes
- Click on “Add New” button
- Click on “Upload Theme” button, upload theme and activate
- Upload the unzipped folders of the parent and child theme to the directory …/wp-content/themes/.
- Go to “Appearance –> Themes” where you can see your theme and install it using the “Activate” button.
You can use a free software like Filezilla. Only your host can give you the details to use the FTP.
Activate recommended WP plugins
Kindly download the recommended plugin and activate. You can see the notification message for recommended plugins once theme is activated.
Working with Theme menu
Currently theme having 4 menus.
Go to Appearance->Menu and click on “Manage Locations” tab. You can see 4 menus:
Top Menu: Display menu top right side.
Primary Menu: Main menu for website.
Footer Menu: Display menu in the footer section.
Responsive Menu: Optional menu to show different menu in mobile device.
Theme option gives an area where you can setup the layout for your front page, custom font for your website, Logo Upload option etc.
Bellow the description for each tab section:
Allow to set boxed layout OR full layout. Also you can add tracking code ie google tracking code etc
Allow to set the fonts for your website. Ie fonts for body, navigation and heading.
- You can either choose standard fonts ie Arial, Courier New, Georgia and Tahoma etc
- As well as google fonts ie. Droid Sans, Lato, Montserrat and Roboto etc.
Font’s size you can also manage from this section.
Header option includes:
- Upload logo and logo width for your WordPress site.
- You can enable/disable search navigation.
- Display Social Icon on Header.
Allow you set the simple image with text OR slider for as a banner. We have given Header Background Options where you can set none, image with text and slider banner
Note: here we are using our slick slider plugin for image slider. If you want to use some other slider plugin then you can use and replace the slick slider shortcode with other one.
Home Page Options:
Allow to manage the Home/Front page layout as per theme demo OR you can customize the layout in child theme. You can use drag and drop to manage the content position as per your design/need.
We have given
- 6 content areas with enable/disable content section, Heading, sub-heading and area for adding the shortcode.
- Page content to display the front page content.
- Call to action with enable/disable content section, content, button text, button link text.
Allow you to manage the WordPress post section ie
A) Display full content on home page.
B) Display full content on archives page.
C) Excerpt length. You can also set the setting for featured image hide/show in the post page OR single page(Post detail page)
Allow you to
A) enable/disable footer widgets and Footer Widget Column.
B) enable/disable copyright and copyright text.
C) enable/disable Go To Top
D) Display Social Icon on Footer.
This section allow you add link for Social Profiles ie facebook, google plus etc. Only the Social icon will display in the front side having Social link in the section.
Allow you to write your custom css to overwrite the theme style. If you are using child theme then you can overwrite the css under child theme style.css file.
Import / Export:
Allow you to Import / Export theme setting during migration of your website from local machine to live server OR one server to anther server.
Working with front page and blog page (post page)
Theme is having front page template and designed post section. You can set any page from your website as front page and any page as post page(blog).
Note: if you are display any page as a front page, kindly select the front page template from Page Attributes box ie Template.
To set the front page and blog page, you can go to setting –> Reading and under reading section select the A static page (select below) radio button and assign the page.
Theme is having 3 page template ie Front page template, Full width with no side bar and default page template with side bar.